The Nursing Organizations Alliance™ is offering three scholarships* for the 2013 Nurse in Washington Internship™ (NIWI™) program, scheduled for March 17-19, 2013. The scholarships provide assistance to nurses to help offset the costs associated with attending NIWI™. The Alliance is offering one full scholarship, one registration only scholarship, and one student registration only scholarship.
Click here for more information
- Current member of an Alliance member organization
- Within the applicant’s nursing organization, have experience in legislative activities at the state or national level in policy issues OR with minimal experience clearly articulate how the NIWI™ experience will allow you to advance the goals of nursing practice.
Two Alliance Scholarships will be awarded. One full scholarship will cover airfare expenses, lodging expenses (for up to three nights), and the registration fee for the conference. Recipient will be responsible for all other expenses related to attending NIWI™.
The second partial scholarship covers NIWI™ registration fee only. Recipient will be responsible for all other expenses related to attending NIWI™.
The application must include the following:
- Completed scholarship application form.
- Completed NIWI™ registration form.
- Two letters of recommendation. One must be from someone representing your specific nursing organization (i.e.: President, Chapter President, Committee Chair, etc.)
- Proof of membership in your nursing organization.
Awarding of Scholarships
The Scholarship Review Team will review applications, and the award will be granted on the basis of the following:
- Overall clarity and succinctness of the application (10%)
- Clarity and quality of goal statement (50%)
- Previous related activity/involvement or vision for future involvement (15%)
- Relevance of prior professional activities (15%)
- First time attendee (10%)
Scholarship Recipients will be required to write a report for The Alliance describing how they plan to use and/or have used their experience at NIWI. Reports will be due within 60 days of the conclusion of NIWI 2013. Reports will be posted to The Alliance website.
*scholarships awarded based on availability of funding