The Distinguished Nurse Educator Award, newly established by the National Gerontological Nursing Association (NGNA) Board of Directors, is presented to a member of NGNA in recognition of outstanding leadership in nursing education in an educational or clinical setting, and participation and contributions toward achieving the goals of NGNA.
The NGNA Award Committee reviews all nominations for the Distinguished Nurse Educator Award and selects a nominee for endorsement by the NGNA Board of Directors. The Distinguished Nurse Educator Award recipient will be recognized at the Annual Membership Meeting and at the awards luncheon at the NGNA Convention.
Selection will be based on the criteria listed below. Materials must be submitted to NGNA no later than Friday, June 6th.Download the Application Form
Email completed applications to email@example.com
- The nominee must have been a member of NGNA for at least 3 years; the nominee cannot have previously received the NGNA Distinguished Nurse Educator Award.
- The Distinguished Nurse Educator Award shall be presented to an NGNA member who has demonstrated leadership in education in an educational or clinical setting and contributed to the goals of NGNA (held office, committee chair position(s), or been active on one or more committees).
- Viewed by a professional colleague (educator or educational administrator) as an excellent nurse educator and contributor to quality nursing care (including positive outcomes) for older adults.
- Viewed by current or former student as promoting learning regarding how to provide competent, quality nursing care (including positive outcomes) to older adults.
- Adheres to competencies/standards of practice for nurse educators (National League for Nursing or American Nurses’ Association Nursing Professional Development Scope & Standards of Practice).
- Demonstrates leadership and creativity in educating nurses to competently provide quality care to older adults.
- Contributed to goals of NGNA for at least 3 years.
- The nominator completes the application form and solicits two letters of support, and the nominee’s curriculum vitae. Self-nominations are permitted.
- The completed nomination packet (application form, one letter of support from a colleague, one letter of support from a current or former student, nominee’s CV) must be forwarded to NGNA National Office; electronic submissions are encouraged.
- Awards will be presented annually at the NGNA Annual Convention.
- If unable to attend, the winners will be expected to write an acceptance letter that will be read at the annual convention.