The Excellence in Gerontological Nursing Award has been established to recognize excellence in individuals who provide care to older adults. This award is intended to honor an advanced practice registered nurse, registered nurse, licensed practical nurse, and/or a certified nursing assistant who has consistently provided outstanding care to older adults and have been inspirational role models and mentors to other healthcare workers.
Winners will be spotlighted at the NGNA Convention. If unable to attend a letter of acceptance will be announced. Applications must be submitted to NGNA no later than May 28, 2014.Download the Application Form
Email completed applications to email@example.com
- The candidate must be an advanced practice registered nurse, registered nurse, licensed practical nurses, or a certified nursing assistant.
- The candidate must have contributed to the improvement of quality care for the older adult through committee involvement, work practice, suggestions, or affiliations with organizations for a minimum of three years.
- The candidate must have demonstrated outstanding performance of relevant professional and/or technical skills in their work setting.
Criteria for Selection
- Seen by peers as a leader.
- Adherence to standards of practice appropriate to their job position and work setting.
- Evidence of ongoing education (formal or informal) relevant to their practice area.
- Advocates for quality care and the rights of older adults.
- Demonstrates leadership and a role model for excellence in geriatric nursing.
- Demonstrates a genuine concern for the older adults entrusted to their care.
- The candidate must be nominated by a active NGNA member or a current NGNA Chapter.
- The completed nomination must be forwarded to NGNA National Office; electronic submissions are encouraged.
- Awards will be presented annually at the NGNA Convention.
- If winner(s) are unable to attend, the letter of acceptance will be mailed.