Posted by: The U. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
Posted on: September 27, 2010
Location(s): Baltimore, Maryland
We seek a dynamic individual whose passion for the well-being of elderly individuals and people with a disability is matched with strong leadership skills and a deep understanding of the health and long term services upon Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries rely.
This is an opportunity to lead staff in the Division of Continuing Care Providers, one of the key divisions within CMS’ Survey & Certification Group. Survey & Certification is the essential quality assurance system for Medicare and certain key programs in Medicaid.
- Leadership of 17 staff in the Division of Continuing Care Providers;
- Expert guidance for onsite surveys of many care settings in the U.S., involving about 39,000 surveys of providers such as Home Health Agencies, Dialysis Facilities, Intermediate Care Facilities for People with Mental Retardation, Psychiatric Hospitals, Transplant Hospitals, and Rehabilitation Agencies each year;
- Innovation and policy development for oversight of the quality of care in Medicare and Medicaid, including maintenance of the State Operations Manual (SOM) and work with Congress;
- Training content and subject matter experts for training of State and federal surveyors of thirteen different providers of Medicare and Medicaid services;
- Regulations and surveyor guidance for enforcement and oversight of quality in a variety of Medicare and Medicaid providers;
- Contracts and performance management involving about $4 million in contracts each year;
- Partnerships and coordination with: other federal agencies (such as the Dept. of Justice, Health Resources and Services Administration), national and State consumer groups, national provider associations, professional societies, Congress, and many others;
- Analysis of data related to the oversight of organ transplantation, organ procurement and psychiatric hospitals.