The Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the NGNA is doing quite well. We now have approximately 100 members. We hold meetings quarterly and try to rotate locations to accommodate everyone. We hold a sponsored evening dinner with a CE event, raffles, silent auction, and of course allow plenty of time for networking. We make it fun for the members, and have even had a local singer volunteer to sing jazz during the networking hour.
We have had success in getting our information out by using e-mail blasts to businesses and organizations in the area. We are trying to build up a bank account and will be discussing some of the future initiatives that the membership would like to sponsor. We did some surveys initially for CE topics and ideas, so we are looking forward to the year ahead.
- President: Betty Robison, MSN, RN-BC
- Vice President: Kathy Guentner, RN, PhD, CNE
- Secretary: Rona Stewart, MHA, BSN, RN-BC
- Treasurer: Mary Shields, RN-BC, MSN
- Publicity/Fundraising: Sandy Gilmore, RN, MS and Denise Cella, MSN, RNCE
- Event Planner:
- Web site development: Kelly Neal, DNP, CRNP-BC
- Institute of Aging: Brandy Crawford (866)430-8743